One Colorado restaurant is making national headlines this week after openly defying the state’s public health order to open for dine-in service on Sunday. The Tri-County Health Department then ordered the Castle Rock restaurant to close on Monday. Gov. Jared Polis said C&C Coffee and Kitchen will have its license suspended for at least 30 days for not complying with state’s rules.
Meanwhile, retail businesses are slowly reopening under the state’s guidelines with small customer turnout. On the other hand, salons are reopening to high demand after being closed for seven weeks.
Colorado is approaching nearly 1,000 coronavirus-related deaths. As of Monday, 392 ventilators were in use with 684 available statewide.
Throughout the day, we will share the latest coverage from Denver Post journalists on the coronavirus outbreak on this page. Also, bear in mind The Denver Post relies on support from its readers to provide this in-depth coverage of the coronavirus outbreak, so please consider buying a subscription if you haven’t already.
Here are the updates from May 11.
- Some Denver retailers that reopened over the weekend saw only light traffic
- Colorado budget facing massive cuts — and next year likely to be worse
- More symptoms, no slam-dunk drugs: What we now know — and still don’t know — about the coronavirus
- These Colorado cities and counties require masks be worn in public places
- These Colorado counties have extended their stay-at-home orders
- Frequently asked questions about coronavirus in Colorado
- Coronavirus timeline: An in-depth look at COVID-19 in Colorado
- Colorado coronavirus map: Where are cases being reported?
- Colorado unemployment FAQ: How to apply, details about missing PINs and more
- Do I have the coronavirus? Here’s what to do if you’re not sure.
- Colorado coronavirus housing FAQ: Resources for renters and homeowners
- How social distancing works and what it means for you
- Inside Colorado’s growing anti-shutdown movement
Join our Facebook group for the latest updates on coronavirus in Colorado.
Source: Read Full Article