New Brunswick officials are set to provide an update on their efforts during the novel coronavirus pandemic.
The update will be led by the province’s chief medical officer of health, Dr. Jennifer Russell, and premier Blaine Higgs.
On Wednesday, the province confirmed an additional case of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the province to 117.
[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]
“It is encouraging to see this slow growth in the number of confirmed cases,” Russell said on Wednesday.
The province said 12 people have been hospitalized so far and seven have since been discharged. Three of the five patients remaining in hospital are in an intensive care unit.
As of Wednesday, 77 people in New Brunswick have recovered from COVID-19.
Thursday’s update is scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. AT.
With files from Aya Al-Hakim
Source: Read Full Article