The coronavirus has killed a doctor in Italy with no underlying health conditions, foreign media reports.
Marcello Natali, 57, was placed in intensive care in a Milan hospital and had previously worked as a family doctor in Codogno and Lodi, Lombardy.
He kept working in the region until he developed COVID-19 symptoms.
Paola Pedrini, secretary of the Italian Federation of General Practitioners of Lombardy, paid tribute.
She said: "These people are truly our heroes, he and his wife continued to visit and receive patients until the very end.
"Today we have to say goodbye to another colleague, a point of reference not only for his patients but also for all the family doctors of Lodi.”
Pedrini added that he "will always have our infinite esteem and our recognition, and has now allowed us to protect those who are still at the forefront of this battle”.
The coronavirus has killed two more patients in England, both of whom were quarantined in hospital.
The patients were in their 90s and had underlying health conditions, and were immediately put into isolation.
Both were admitted to Milton Keynes Hospital with COVID-19 symptoms and died over the weekend, the Milton Keynes Citizen reports.
Health authorities are expected to make an official announcement today.
It brings the death toll in Milton Keynes to three.
Coronavirus confusion as Ryanair still flying to lockdown zones despite EU travel ban
The latest patients had no connection with each other and neither were they related to the first victim at the hospital, an 83-year-old man who died on March 5.
The death toll in the UK yesterday rose to 71, excluding the two new fatalities.
A statement from NHS England said: “A further 14 people, who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died.
“Patients were aged between 93 and 45 years old and had underlying health conditions. Their families have been informed.”
A second person in Scotland – a patient who was elderly and had underlying health conditions – has also died, Scotland’s chief medical officer Dr Catherine Calderwood said.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak yesterday announced homeowners will get a "three-month mortgage holiday" if they are suffering financial difficulties due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Source: Read Full Article