Researchers have performed autopsies on deceased coronavirus patients and have now finally revealed their breakthrough insights into the mysterious virus. Scientists in China have spoken out after carrying out autopsies on 12 bodies that died from the coronavirus outbreak. Conducting autopsies on COVID-19 victims is considered “very dangerous” given its capacity to be airborne.
According to the leading professor from the Tongji Medical College team in Beijing, they found “a large amount of mucus in the lungs”.
He told Bloomberg: “The secretion is very sticky. It attaches to the lung like paste.
“The mucus was in the deep-seated airway. If we don’t give targeted treatment, it may be counter-productive.
“A normal lung touches like a sponge because it contains air. But an infected lung doesn’t touch like this.”
JUST IN: Milan doctor urges UK get ready for coronavirus ‘tsunami’ to hit NHS
He continued: “Something else refilled in the lung. You must know what the pathological change is and give targeted treatment.
“Otherwise it will be useless like delivering oxygen through a blocked path.”
He added that medical officers were wary of conducting more autopsies on victims.
The professor explained: “Autopsies remain a dangerous procedure.
“We don’t know to what degree will the virus spread. You don’t know whether it can be transmitted via aerosol. It’s dangerous.”
This comes as the COVID-19 outbreak claimed ten more lives in the UK in just 24 hours.
This effectively doubles the total death toll in the UK, rising from 11 to 21.
It comes as a newborn baby and its mother tested positive for the coronavirus in England.
Brussels coronavirus meltdown: George Galloway explains why EU lockdown is ‘hypocrisy’ [VIDEO]
London coronavirus chaos: UK panic after ‘inevitable’ terrifying lockdown plans exposed [VIDEO]
Brussels crisis: EU states revolt against von der Leyen’s demands with border shutdown [VIDEO]
Medics are trying to confirm whether the baby, who was tested at North Middlesex Hospital, was infected during birth or before.
The government said on Friday it estimated the true number of cases to be around 5,000 to 10,000.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared on Friday that Europe was now the epicentre of the pandemic.
Earlier this afternoon, the Spanish government drafted a decree to put the country into lockdown.
This follows an alarming surge in the number of cases, after more than 1,500 people were confirmed to have been infected in just 24 hours.
Source: Read Full Article