Couple scrap with bear before stabbing and shooting it dead as children slept

A husband and wife felt a shock as they woke up to a bear attacking them in their house.

The couple were relaxing in their Wisconsin home after tucking their children into bed on Friday night before discovering the beast that had entered their home.

They had seen the bear close to their home earlier as it fed from a bird feeder in their garden. The husband and wife shouted at the bear in the hopes of scaring it away from their home.

This did not work as the bear then later entered the home and attacked them that same night.

Both husband and wife sustained an injury during this attack.

At one point they were able to seize a kitchen knife and use it on the bear in an attempt to stop it. Despite the close contact, this did not work.

The husband was then able to retrieve a firearm and use it in the bear, eventually killing it and putting an end to the vicious attack.

This all happened while their children were asleep upstairs.

The bear had managed to get through via the kitchen window.

Both were bitten multiple times and sustained scratches. After being brought to hospital and treated, they were able to go home with only a few minor injuries.

Bear attacks are somewhat common in the northern states of America, with a similar incident earlier this year.

Staff Sgt Seth Michael Plant, 30, died at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage after a brown bear approached an area he was investigating. Another soldier also sustained minor injuries during the attack.

Originally from Florida, Plant had been serving at the Alaska military base since July 2021, the Army said. He was an infantryman from the 3rd Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment.

Lt Col David Ja Nelson, the regiment's commander, said that he "always had a smile on his face, he always went above and beyond what was asked of him, and he served as an inspiration to all who had the privilege to know him.”

After the attack a den was found with two brown bear cubs, according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

After finding hair on Plant post-attack, it was clear he had been attacked by a bear.

Source: Read Full Article