Drunk rugby fan who ‘vomited all over’ boy, 6, ‘could barely stand’, mum claims

A six-year-old boy was left in "floods of tears" after a drunken rugby fan vomited all over him while watching his first-ever international match at Principality Stadium.

Joey Delaney, from Chepstow, was watching Wales take on Australia when a man who was sitting behind him suddenly vomited "everywhere" on Saturday afternoon.

The boy's parents said his experience was nearly "ruined" after the fellow fan had thrown up down the poor boy's back, reports Wales Online.

His mum Sophie said the man was too intoxicated to apologise and left her son's clothes covered in sick.

She said: "The amount of vomit was unbelievable and the guy was slumped over his seat. He couldn't even talk or hardly open his eyes."

The mum went on to say that her son was "super excited" as their tickets were a surprise present for husband Andrew's 40th birthday.

"Andrew is a massive rugby fan himself and has happy memories of watching his first rugby match with his own father," she said.

"Saturday's match was a special moment for him to do the same with his own son."

The family were "living in the moment" of the nail-biting match until Sophie glanced up from sending pictures to their family to see her son in hysterics.

"There was sick everywhere," she explained.

"Joey was so upset and shocked – he cried so much. I had to stop myself from crying from seeing my son so upset and from the absolute shock of it all."

Sophie and Andrew said they were heartened by fellow fans who were quick to offer their help, passing down antibacterial gel and even offering up their own hats and scarves to console the youngster.

Joey wanted to leave but after the best clean-up operation, they could muster they managed to stay and watch the final 10 minutes.

But the mum said people should be more responsible when watching the rugby going forward.

"We absolutely understand that people enjoy a drink during the match with the majority acting 'merry' but being that drunk and posing such a risk to others, most importantly children, is not acceptable," she said.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newslettershere.

Source: Read Full Article