Fury as ‘4-day wedding’ sees supercars fill streets and fireworks set off

A four-day wedding celebration with revving supercars, fireworks and music blaring out until 3am left residents raging.

The shocking scenes are thought to have occurred to celebrate the nuptials of a couple who previously had to cancel because of lockdown.

But residents in Telford complained of loud music until 3am in the morning, fireworks being let off and lines of £150,000 supercars blocking streets.

Vehicles including Porsches and Lamborghinis lined the Arleston neighbourhood in Telford last weekend, according to Birmingham Live.

West Midlands Police said reports of anti-social behaviour connected to the gathering, believed to have gone on between Friday June 25, until the evening of Monday June 28, were "being taken seriously".

The Arleston Neighbourhood Watch team tweeted: “Absolutely fuming that fireworks are still being set off at this time of night. So many residents have had to put up with this for the last four nights, it's not fair at all. Wedding or no wedding, this is not an appropriate time for fireworks to be set off."

Posting on Facebook, a resident wrote: "A crazy number of cars were parked on the verges, pathways, in the bus stop and right on the road. Also a number of sports models were blocking the road.

"I reported it to the police at the request of one of the older guests. This was very worrying. Drivers struggled to get through and the guests concerned seemed reluctant to move their cars. One man who was stuck in the jam was on his way to the hospital."

On Twitter, Sam Young said: "It was heard across Telford so not sure if more than one place setting them off but the ones in my road felt like a warzone. They did on Friday too. A weekend of wedding celebrations. It has been rather irritating to us neighbours as we’ve had music going at 3am."

Insp Mike Phillips, of North Telford Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We’ve received reports of anti-social behaviour and dangerous driving in and around Arleston and Leegomery over the weekend.

"We acknowledge the behaviours of those responsible showed very little respect for their neighbours and wider community. I’d like to reassure the public that all reports of anti-social behaviour and dangerous driving are taken extremely seriously.

"Officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team will be in contact with those that reported these incidents to us and we will be reviewing dashcam footage as part of the investigation.

"I’d like to thank the public for the continued support and encourage anyone with footage of the incident to submit it to us via the Operation Snap page on the West Mercia Police website. We will continue to work with local authorities to deal with offenders appropriately."

Source: Read Full Article