Human bones have been found just yards from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s home, according to reports.
Workers who were doing landscaping on an estate close to the couple’s £11million pad in Montecito, California found the remains.
They are said to have been discovered just 350 yards from the mansion the Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into last year.
The bones, which were unearthed last week in soil up to 3ft deep, are believed to belong to a Native American.
They could date back centuries, according to the Sun.
A source told the newspaper: “Work stopped right away on the property and the cops were called in.
“It’s quite a lot of drama for a place like Montecito.”
Police are said to have called in a forensic anthropologist to study them in a bid to determine how old they are.
Officials in Santa Barbara County confirmed the discovery was not connected with Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39.
They said a probe would begin if it turns out they were not old remains.
Queen finds Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's behaviour 'deplorable', claims royal expert
The couple bought the home last summer after moving to America with their two-year-old son Archie.
Chat show host Oprah Winfrey, who spoke to the couple in a bombshell interview back in March this year, lives in a huge $90million home nearby.
The Sussexes announced they would be stepping back as senior members of the Royal Family in January last year, in a move dubbed ‘Megxit’.
From mansions to living surrounded by drugs and own poo – lottery winner who lost it all
Since moving to America, only Harry has returned to the UK, for his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral in April this year.
He is due to return next month for the unveiling of a statue of his late mother, Princess Diana.
It is due to be unveiled on July 1 in London’s Kensington Palace for what would have been her 60th birthday.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Harry and his brother Prince William, 38, commissioned the statue in 2017 to mark 20 years since her untimely death in Paris.
The unveiling was seen as a chance for the two brothers to put their differences to the side.
But speculation is mounting as to whether Harry will make it back for the event due to the upcoming birth of his daughter, who is due this summer.
Meghan and Harry announced they were expecting their second child on Valentine’s Day this year.
They later revealed they were expecting a girl during the explosive interview with Oprah.
Source: Read Full Article