Loyal dog saves family from fire after clawing at their doors to wake them up

A woman has praised her dog for keeping her and her family safe after saving their lives out of a house blaze.

Liu Ruihua, from Chifeng of Inner Mongolia in northern China, and her family were sleeping when their heater in the kitchen went faulty on Tuesday.

Luckily, she was alerted by her tiny mongrel, named Maodou, and managed to escape before the fire melted the roof and engulfed the house.

Footage taken after the tragic accident by Ms Liu shows the ruins of the house as she walks around and steps over the charred woods

She thanks Maodou and says: "This little dog saved my life, scratching and knocking on the door.

"This is the dog. I saved its life, now it’s saved mine."

Maodou, which is Chinese for the edamame, usually lives outside the house in the family’s courtyard. The pooch clawed and gnawed at their doors before Ms Liu’s husband went outside, the homeowner recalled.

Ms Liu said she and her family adopted Maodou last summer when they found the scrawny pup abandoned by the side of the road.

In the video, she also urges people not to eat dog meat.

She continues: "My husband asked why the dog was scratching at the door, so he opened the door to check.

"We knew nothing of the fire. It knocked on the front door and then the back door.

"The dog led him to the back of the house, then he saw the fire in the kitchen.

"He came back and called us out. Five minutes later and we’d have all been burned to death.

"We found Maodou as a pup. Nobody wanted it.

"I saved it then. Now it’s saved all five of us."

According to reports, the fire was started by the family’s heating furnace.

Ms Liu did not reveal where they would be living while their home is rebuilt.

Source: Read Full Article