Man in his 20s found dead in Royal Liverpool Hospital as public told stay away

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    Police have confirmed that a man in his 20s has been found dead inside a newly-opened Liverpool hospital.

    Officers are still carrying out investigations at the scene having been called out to the city's Royal Liverpool Hospital on West Derby Street just before 9pm last night (Friday, November 18).

    The police were alerted due to concerns for the safety of the man inside the premises, reports The Mirror.

    READ MORE: Man told police he'd been 'battered s***less' before 'being found dead in bath'

    He subsequently received immediate treatment at the scene but was declared dead soon afterwards.

    Multiple police vehicles, including patrol cars and vans, were seen parked at the entrance to the hospital as the tragic incident transpired.

    Police have said inquiries into the man's death are ongoing and that his next of kin have been informed, whilst an investigation is underway in the area to establish the circumstances surrounding the death.

    A spokesperson from Merseyside Police reportedly said: "Members of the public are advised to avoid the area. Thank you for your patience as we deal with this incident."

    Many people quickly took to social media to offer their condolences.

    One person wrote on Facebook: "Thinking of all his family and friends, so young RIP young man."

    Another agreed: "So young, so sad."

    To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

    And a third added: "Deepest condolences to his family and friends. Fly high with the angels young man."

    The new Royal Liverpool Hospital opened last month in a gradual 24-day move from the previous location with staff, patients and services being transferred across.

    It should have been in use five years ago after work to build it began in 2014 before the project was hit by a series of delays.

    Earlier this week, UK Health Secretary Steve Barclay paid a visit to the hospital and said that lessons must be learned from the delays to the opening.

    “I came here four years ago and the hospital was nearly complete then," he pointed out. "Obviously it’s taken some time since then and it’s key we learn the lessons from that but what’s fantastic news is that this is an £800m investment in the city of Liverpool."

    READ NEXT:

    • Meghan biographer blasts King Charles' 'too slim' monarchy – and has his own plan

    • Woman baffled as thousands of small polystyrene balls flood her home every day for weeks

    • Tourist hot-spot car park branded 'thieves' and 'leeches' as £100 fines dished out

    • UK town besieged by vicious magpies attacking animals including cats and squirrels

    • Astrid Wett dashes Elle Brooke fight revival hopes admitting she 'wants US influencer'

    • Hospital
    • Police

    Source: Read Full Article