Meghan ‘pitched Netflix deal before Megxit despite Harry’s claims’, insider says

Meghan Markle started work on her Netflix project before leaving the UK, it has been claimed.

Earlier this week it was announced that the Duchess of Sussex is to release a new Netflix series produced by Elton John's husband David Furnish.

Pearl – the working title of the project – will follow the adventures of a 12-year-old girl who is inspired by influential women from history.

And now the New York Post's Page Six reports being told by sources that Meghan and Mr Furnish were in active discussions with Netflix "while she was still a senior working member of the royal family".

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan announced on January 8 last year that they would step back from senior positions within the Firm following talks at Sandringham with Prince Charles, Prince William and the Queen.

Meghan and Harry have since relocated with their son Archie Harrison to California, where they have since been joined by newborn daughter Lilibet, having spent the intervening period living in Canada, in hopes of a more private lifestyle.

In a post shared on Instagram this week, Mr Furnish seems to hint that he had bee working on the project for some time.

  • Prince William to 'break with royal tradition' when it comes to George, expert claims

He wrote: "I am delighted that we are finally able to announce this exciting animated series … The team collaborating on the series are first class, and @netflix are the perfect partner."

The Sussexes made a series of bombshell claims about the royal family during their chat with Oprah Winfrey, including Harry claims that big-money deals they made once they moved to California were "never part of the plan".

He said: "That was suggested by somebody else by the point of where my family literally cut me off financially, and I had to afford security for us."

In a statement announcing the new series, Netflix said: "Archewell Productions today announced that it is developing a new animated series for Netflix.

"Created by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, Pearl (working title) will be a family series that centres on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl, who is inspired by a variety of influential women from history.

"The Duchess of Sussex will serve as an executive producer alongside David Furnish, Carolyn Soper, and Emmy Award winning filmmakers Liz Garbus and Dan Cogan.

"Amanda Rynda will serve as the show runner and executive producer."

Meghan said: "Like many girls her age, our heroine Pearl is on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life’s daily challenges.

  • Prince George 'may not get birthday photograph' after being mocked by online trolls

"I’m thrilled that Archewell Productions, partnered with the powerhouse platform of Netflix, and these incredible producers, will together bring you this new animated series, which celebrates extraordinary women throughout history.

"David Furnish and I have been eager to bring this special series to light, and I am delighted we are able to announce it today."

Daily Star has approached the Duchess of Sussex's Archewell representative for comment.

Source: Read Full Article