A mum had to be brought back to life a whopping thirty times by her husband and paramedics after she was spiked with a needle on a night out.
Tammie-Michelle Edwards, 25, had collapsed on her first night out since giving birth to her eight-week-old son James with her best friend Lizz Fawcett, 20, on August 13.
Tammie-Michelle only remembered only having a couple of drinks and drank water while she was out before waking up at Royal Lancashire Infirmary the next day at 6am.
READ MORE: Weirdo used wife’s Facebook to beg woman selling watch to make sex tape with him
It then emerged she was spiked with a needle in her arm – leaving her unresponsive and after sending her husband James 'jibberish' messages that 'didn't make sense', he came to pick her up.
James, 27, found her unconscious outside The Crafty Scholar in Lancaster and rushed her home to Morecambe, Lancs.
The quick thinking husband said he had to stop the car to resuscitate his 'lifeless' wife around six times – and a further 10 when they arrived home.
He said: "I knew something was up, because she doesn't text like that and I knew it wasn't a normal her.
"I came to the club and Lizz was saying that Tammie-Michelle needed me now.
"I just thought she was going to be drunk, I didn't think at all that she had been spiked.
"Tammie-Michelle was sat on a chair like a dead body.
"I grabbed Tammie-Michelle, and it was like dragging a dead body.
"As we were driving home, I thought she just needed to be sick as she was choking and wasn't breathing.
"She was just lifeless – every time we were going around the corner she was snapping her neck, it looked like her head was going to fall off her shoulder.
"By the time we had got home, I had resuscitate her about six times. I was stood by the sink and I had resuscitated her around another 10 times.
"We then rang the ambulance, as there is only so much you can do when you're not a paramedic.
"I can only try and save her life as much as I can, it's such a scary thing – she literally did die in front of me."
Police then arrived at the house and a police officer then resuscitate her again before an ambulance turned up.
Medics used a defibrillator on Tammie-Michelle's body then continued more manual CPR.
By the time she was at the hospital, she had started to come round but her brain was 'still not working fully'.
At 6am, they discharged her and said she was '100% spiked'.
A week on, Tammie-Michelle's chest is still in 'excruciating pain' after having CPR around 30 times and she feels 'really tired'.
James described the incident as 'traumatising' but is 'over the moon' that his wife is okay.
He added: "It's such a relief that she's alive, I'm just over the moon.
"It would have been the worst thing in the world if something had happened to her."
A spokesperson for the Crafty Scholar said: “We take every allegation of spiking very seriously and we would like to reassure all our guests that customer safety and wellbeing is our priority.
"Our door team assisted Ms Edwards, when she became unwell, and provided a chair and water.
"They waited with her until her husband arrived and took her home.
“We continue to have enhanced safety measures in place including searches on entry, publicising “Ask Angela” in our toilets, providing drinks covers to anyone who wants them.
"And we also have Guest Support colleagues – if any guest has concerns or feels vulnerable they can ask the Guest Support colleague or any other member of our team for help.
"We continue to work with the police and local authorities to ensure a safe night out is had by all.”
Lancashire Police said: "It’s been reported and we are looking into it."
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .
- Family 'disgusted' as Pontins holiday room 'stunk' and had 'iron burns on floor'
- Killer who stabbed real estate agent with home decor piece executed by lethal injection
- Fears over Prince Harry breaching royal privacy after he 'chose his wife'
Man arrested on suspicion of murder after pensioner, 87, stabbed on mobility scooter
Source: Read Full Article