Plymouth shooters dad was jailed for biting fishermans cheek like an animal

Jake Davison, who went on a horrific shooting spree in Plymouth on Thursday, killed five people, including a young girl aged just three years old.

His dad Mark also has violence in his past after being jailed for attacking a fisherman 'like an animal and its prey' and on another occasion he racially abused a passenger on a bus.

Mum Maxine, one of the people the 22-year-old gunned down in the city, is understood to have lived on the Shetland Islands with Mark, Jake, and his older siblings Zoe and Josh in the 1990s.

A source told the Daily Record, dad Mark had been estranged from the family for some time.

The source said: “His father was estranged for being a violent person with a lengthy criminal record.

"Maxine had spent time in Shetland where her brother lives along with her nieces and nephews. We are all shocked Jake has done this but not surprised.

"His mental health wasn’t great for a long time.”

Davison Snr, was sentenced to eight months in jail after he pled guilty to assaulting a fellow crew member by biting him in the cheek like an "animal that holds onto its prey".

  • Terrified Plymouth shooting eyewitness had just got tattoo and 'hid under pool table'

The attack, from 2014, happened on the UK-registered scallop fishing boat King Explorer in July that year.

He became embroiled in an argument with a younger Polish crewman whose job it was to train him.

Prosecutor fiscal Duncan Mackenzie described the attack at the time, saying Davison punched the man and then "attached himself to the man's cheek and would not let go".

  • Toddler, 3, gunned down in Plymouth shooting pictured with dad who died next to her

Davison said he felt isolated on the vessel when he realised he was the only Brit among Polish fishermen.

He was jailed for eight months.

Four years earlier in 2010, he had been fined in court for racially abusing a bus passenger and was said to have issues with alcohol.

Davison, on a National Express coach from his then Peterhead home to England, hid in the bus toilet, downed a bottle of booze, and then turned on the driver and a passenger when asked to come out.

He pushed the driver and turned on the passenger, pushing him while shouting "f*****g shut up" and "f*****g n****r".

His solicitor said the actions had stemmed from his drinking, 'dimming' his behaviour, and Davison was fined £600.

In May 2014, he avoided jail after headbutting a dog walker at Peterhead beach, when the court was told he began volunteering with a local church group.

In January the same year, he was jailed after battering a man in a violent street brawl.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article