Queen claims she is far better after health scare and will host Christmas

Join the Secret Elves to get first access to our exclusive reviews of the must-have products this year.

After a major health scare, the Queen has reportedly told her family that she is feeling much better and has recovered well enough from her back sprain to be able to host Christmas at Sandringham.

The monarch, 95, reassured the rest of the royal family that she is feeling “far better” and is “looking forward” to getting together and having the traditional festive celebration at her Norfolk estate.

Many have been concerned for her Majesty's wellbeing ever since she sprained her back nearly two weeks ago. Since then, she had to pull out of a number of major engagements.

As per doctors' orders, the Queen has been resting at Windsor Castle. Last month, she spent a night in hospital for an unconfirmed condition.

  • Mine disaster leaves 52 dead including heroes who rushed to save trapped miners

Christmas will have special significance this year, after losing her husband of 73 years, Prince Philip, in April.

It is understood the Queen will travel to Sandringham on or around Friday, December 17, the Mirror reports.

Royal sources said it was likely she would make a 50-minute helicopter journey from Windsor, but insisted a traditional journey by train from London to Kings Lynn had not yet been ruled out.

For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Christmas guests will include Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children.

Her youngest son Prince Edward, his wife Sophie and their children, Louise and James have also confirmed their attendance.

Princess Anne and her children Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall are expected to attend.

And the invitation has been extended to Princesses Beatrice, her husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi and their newborn daughter Sienna, and to Princess Eugenie, her husband Jack Brooksbank and their baby son August.

  • Asda shoppers can buy Gucci in stores around the UK from just £12

Royal sources suggested scandal-hit Prince Andrew had “obviously” been invited, while Prince Harry and his wife Meghan were “highly unlikely” to fly over from California with their two children despite being invited.

The Queen spent last Christmas alone with the Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle due to the coronavirus pandemic.

A source said: “The Queen has told everyone she is feeling far better of late and is very much looking forward to welcoming them for Christmas.

  • Emmerdale's Liam and Cain 'set for affair' as fans spot them growing closer over garden

“Like many other families, this will be the first time Her Majesty can gather with her extended family after being kept apart for so long due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

Royal fans will be hoping to return to the estate on Christmas Day to catch a glimpse of the royals as they walk en masse to and from the St Mary Magdalene, a 16th-century church on the Sandringham property.

The Queen is said to be “determined” to attend church with the rest of the family, but will as in previous years be driven to the church to save her walking the short distance.

  • McDonald's worker exposes horrific video of worms in drinks machine

After a period away from public duties the Queen has this week maintained a steady diary from Windsor Castle.

Yesterday she carried out two virtual audiences via videolink, welcoming the High Commissioner for Nigeria, Sarafa Tunji Isola, and then the Ambassador of Malaysia, Zakri Jaafar.

Buckingham Palace said the Christmas plans were “a private affair”.

  • Prince Andrew
  • Prince Charles
  • Prince Harry
  • Prince Philip
  • Princess Eugenie
  • Queen
  • Christmas
  • Royal Family
  • London

Source: Read Full Article