Serial killer Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe dies from coronavirus

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

The Yorkshire Ripper, 74, died this morning in hospital after refusing any treatment for deadly coronavirus.

The frail serial killer's lungs collapsed at 1:10am to become the pandemic's latest victim.

Hospital Covid rules are likely to have barred the murderer of 13 women from any visitors at his bedside as he died alone.

Sutcliffe spent 40 years behind bars in Broadmoor and elsewhere following his evil killing spree between 1975 and 1980.

Dubbed the Yorkshire Ripper, Sutcliffe attempted to kill seven more women on top of the 13 whose lives he ended.

Finding the person behind his sick string of deadly violence led to one of the biggest police manhunts of the 20th century.

When he was eventually arrested, Sutcliffe told cops he was "a beast" driven on "by a devil" inside him.

A source told The Sun of his final moments: "No tears were shed.

"His death was as pitiful as the vile life he had lived."

Sutcliffe was reported to have tested positive for the widespread virus in prison last week, leading him to be taken into isolation where he was monitored closely.

A combination of his pre-existing health problems and his own paranoia meant he always feared the worst.

  • Muggers 'took turns stabbing man to death for Rolex' as he walked home with girlfriend

Before contracting Covid, Sutcliffe was discharged from a cardiac ward where he spent five nights.

The killer allegedly told lags around him that coronavirus would be the death of him, given his his age, obesity and diabetes put him in the highest risk category.

It took just 48 hours following the prisoner's positive test result, for medics at top security HMP Frankland, in Co Durham, to be alarmed by his condition.

Despite being taken to University Hospital of North Durham, on arrival Sutcliffe told them he did not want to be treated with medicine.

As a born-again Christian and Jehovah's Witness, he was adamant that he did not want to prolong his life "artificially".

Sources said Sutcliffe's health was "rapidly deteriorating" on Wednesday.

Friends and family were warned his death was imminent but protocols in place to prevent infection meant no one was allowed to say their goodbyes.

  • Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today

Covid protocols also forced prison guards to keep their distance until they were relieved of their duty to stop him escaping.

An undertaker was on standby, The Sun reports from 6pm on Thursday when Sutcliffe's evil life ebbed slowly away.

Sutcliffe's funeral arrangements have been discussed in depth by officials for weeks.

  • Serial Killers
  • Coronavirus

Source: Read Full Article