A teenage mum left her baby alone in a parked car while she met her ex at a motel room for sex.
The seven-month baby died from carbon monoxide poisoning after being abandoned inside the vehicle, according to local authorities.
Mum Maria Camila Mengual Mojica told police that she had left the car’s air conditioning on to keep the baby from overheating.
READ MORE: Brit tourist murder in Jamaica 'was a contract killing ordered from UK', says cops
But the system sucked up the fumes from the vehicle's faulty exhaust system and the baby choked to death.
The 19-year-old had met her ex-partner Humberto Manuel Olivilla Pineda, 23, at the model in Valledupar, Colombia at the time of the tragic incident.
When they finished their rendevous and went to check on the child the fumes inside the car were so strong they both passed out on the spot.
Local media report state that neither was arrested, but they were questioned by police.
A forensic examination of the baby confirmed death from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Newlywed, 22, stabbed to death by machete madman while working on New Year's
Local police chief Colonel Luis Leon said: "They left the vehicle running and fainted due to gas inhalation.
"As a consequence of this, the minor also died in this unfortunate case that occurred on Sunday night."
Prosecutors confirmed they are investigating the mother for possible charges of criminal responsibility for the death of the baby.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Brit tourist gunned down and killed while holidaying at luxury villa in Jamaica
- Husband shoots wife for honking car horn outside home to get him to hurry up
- Miracle dog shot four times in the head survives with bullet lodged in eye
- Huge riot sees 14 killed in deadly New Year's Day jail break from notorious prison
- Brit blokes seen attending Andrew Tate's 'university' where online sex shows are filmed
Source: Read Full Article