Tragic girl chokes to death on a deli sausage in the back of mortified mum’s car

A young girl has tragically died after choking on her favourite snack in the back of her mum’s car.

Imogen Lennon, aged five, died in the afternoon of January 16 while travelling in her mum’s car from a swimming lesson to their home in Canowindra in New South Wales, Australia.

Imogen and her mum Samantha were chatting away when the girl began choking on a deli sausage in the back of the car.

READ MORE: Dad-of-two killed in horror explosion 'accidentally cut into gas pipe with power saw'

Her mum sped to the hospital in her car with the help of a passer-by after she was told by emergency services that an ambulance would not make it to them in time.

Despite their efforts, Imogen sadly passed away in hospital.

Imogen leaves behind her mum, Samantha, her dad, William, her two older brothers, Hayden and Bailey and her sister Tamzin, as well as the rest of her extended family.

A family friend, Tamara Hudson, wrote in a GoFundMe – which has raised nearly $26,000 (£14,900) to pay for funeral costs – that it was impossible to imagine life without the “bright, determined, loving and sassy” Imogen.

“To make sense of such a tragic loss in such a way is inconceivable, there are no words that could accurately describe how shattered Imogen's family are,” she added.

  • Britain's 'ugliest sheep' stolen as owners beg thieves to return one-eyed Scuzzy

Tamara encouraged donors to give money to the Lennons, saying: “They would give the shirts off their backs without a second thought should someone be in need.

“I know they will be eternally grateful for any assistance."

Family and friends have left kind words and touching stories memorialising their time with Imogen on the GoFundMe page.

One donor said: “A brief meeting of you, little Imogen… you have left your footprint on my heart.”

  • Scorned woman tried burning down her man's home – but got the wrong house

Another added: "We are so sorry, Samantha and Bill. We only met Immy once but she was so bright, bubbly and beautiful we'll remember her always that way.”

One generous donor gave the family more than $1,000 in one go.

Her parents have asked mourners to wear bright colours to her funeral, scheduled for January 28.


  • Tragic girl, 14, died after inhaling deodorant as spraying it 'comforted' her
  • Residents fuming as enormous underpass sewer pipe fitted metres from their new homes
  • Horror fur farms sees raccoon dogs and minks stuffed into cages caked in animal poo

Source: Read Full Article