While many grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and restaurants are open in Waterloo Region, most camps, recreational facilities and libraries are closed due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
The following is a list of cancellations and closures. Global News will update this page as we receive further information:
- All publicly funded schools in Ontario will be closed for two weeks after March break, shutting their doors from March 14 to April 5.
- All municipally run daycare centres, museums, libraries, arenas, pools, community centres and public libraries will be closed until April 5.
- All day camps and recreational programs taking place throughout the region, in cities and through the YMCA have been cancelled.
- Daycares at Waterloo schools and YMCAs are closed until April 5.
- The Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory and THEMUSEUM are closed indefinitely.
- The Elmira Curling Club has closed for the season.
- All Apple Stores are closed until March 27.
- All Anglican churches are closed.
- GoodLife Fitness has announced a Canada-wide closure of all its locations.
- Lush retail stores are closed from March 16 to 29.
- Cadillac Fairview is reducing operating hours at malls across Canada.
- Mandarin announced the closure of its buffet.
- Lululemon closed all stores across North America and Europe.
- The Elmira Maple Syrup Festival has been cancelled.
- True North and Fluxible have been cancelled.
- The Kitchener Rangers’ season has been postponed.
The following remain open at this time:
- Grand River Transit
- Most grocery stores, pharmacies and restaurants
- All outdoor parks and trails
Source: Read Full Article